truly outrageous

Truly Outrageous...

...life as a Rock Star Mama (minus the rock, minus the star)

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Summer Dinner or Some Much Needed Adult Time

Last Friday we had some good friends over for a nice summer dinner and some much needed adult time. And guess what, *I* actually made the dinner! Aren't you proud? I made pulled pork in the crock pot, which was SO EASY! It was my first time making it, and I don't know what I haven't made it earlier. It was super easy and very yummy. We also had coleslaw (which I made), corn on the cob, and watermelon. For dessert I made brownies, with a hint of almond flavor. Served with a bit of vanilla ice cream, it was the perfect ending.

More than the good food, I really enjoyed the good company. It was the first time in a looooong time that I enjoyed some nice cocktails and actually stayed up past 11 o'clock (I think it was 3:30am when we called it a night!). Mr. P was very accommodating, as he was fed around 9pm and went right to sleep. He must have known that his Mommy and Daddy really needed some adult time. I must admit though, 7am came *very* early the next morning!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home