truly outrageous

Truly Outrageous...

...life as a Rock Star Mama (minus the rock, minus the star)

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Get Away (no, not you... me!)

This week is decidedly better than last. Not that everything has been resolved; but some of it has, and I'm just trying to deal better with the rest. Plus, the weekend away did me loads of good.

I knew that we were going away, but the details were a surprise to me. Handsome Hubby planned the whole thing. Turns out, we stayed at a wonderful Bed & Breakfast in the City. It was great. Plus, the B&B has a restaurant attached to it that is out of this world. The type of place that you go to for special occasions (at least, that's what it is for us) where the chef doesn't know what he's cooking until that morning, when he goes to the market and gets what's fresh and inspiring. Love it! I had my suspicions that we were going there, as that's where we celebrated Valentine's Day last year. Looks like we're making a new tradition out of it. Sweet!

But there was a surprise that I had no idea about... HH surprised me with tickets to the symphony for that night! Neither of us had been, so it was really cool to do something new. We were definitely in the lower age-bracket of patrons, but we had fun! (The cocktails didn't hurt either!) Really though, we both enjoyed it a lot. There's something really special about hearing a full orchestra, live. I couldn't count the number of times I got chills!

It was just so nice to have a weekend away. Away from the phone, email, laundry, cleaning... basically away from responsibilities of any size, shape, or form. And going to a place that was a short drive from home was great. Out of the house enough to be away from it all, but no wasted time or energy traveling. And really, it couldn't have been at a better time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home