truly outrageous

Truly Outrageous...

...life as a Rock Star Mama (minus the rock, minus the star)

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Hannu-Wha?

Scene: Me trying to find some Hannukah candles, now at my FOURTH store... Walmart.

Me: "Excuse me, do you know if you have any Hannukah candles or decorations?"

Walmart Employee: "Hmmm... ... that's *Jewish*, right???"

[Are you joking me?]

M: "Uh, yeah."

WE: "Well, we have a Holiday Shoppe. You could check there..."

M: "Yeah, I did, but I didn't see anything."

WE: "Yeah, I don't know then..."

Maybe I'm missing something... but what the HELL is the point of calling it a 'Holiday Shoppe' (and there was a HUGE banner so there was no mistake) if there's only Christmas decorations? I just don't see the point of being so P.C. that it leads to false advertising.

And yes, I finally found some candles... at store number 5.

2 Comments:

At January 04, 2006 6:53 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

we have Hannukah candles at our local grocery stor. But then again, we do live in Los Angeles.

 
At January 05, 2006 11:40 PM, Blogger YouWho said...

PartyLite doesn't have a Jewish line? Sounds like an entrepreneurial opportunity for you... JudeoLite!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home