truly outrageous

Truly Outrageous...

...life as a Rock Star Mama (minus the rock, minus the star)

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Yum, yum, in my tum, tum.

Historically, Handsome Hubby and I had the following arrangement: He would cook and do most of the post-dining clean up (ie: dishes), and I would clean the house. It worked out for both of us, because cooking had really become a hobby for him, and he couldn't stand the thought of cleaning a toilet. I would still pitch in with the dishes and would cook maybe 5-10% of the time, and he would pitch in with the vacuuming here and there. But you know how it is, that was our rule of thumb.

Well, recently we re-negotiated! HH got tired of cooking all the time and since I'm now done with school and boards, the timing is right. So, what's the new arrangement? I'm going to be cooking dinner at least twice a week. It's true what 'they' say about marriage, it's a constant negotiation. Really though, I think it was time and that this is fair. Now, I'm no You Who, but I try...

Last night I made Thai Chicken and Sesame Noodles from a Kraft cookbook I have (I happened to find it online-just for you!). I can never find the dressing packet, so I usually just pick up a bottle of salad dressing that's similar. Usually I end up using the whole bottle (1/3C to marinate the chicken and the rest for the sauce). I also typically just cook the chicken on our George and use whatever pasta happens to be in our pantry. It's super easy to make and super yummy (my kind of dish)! We made some dumplings as a side dish (from frozen), and viola:


2 Comments:

At July 26, 2006 8:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At August 08, 2006 2:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home