truly outrageous

Truly Outrageous...

...life as a Rock Star Mama (minus the rock, minus the star)

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Like Buttah...

My fingers, that is. I think You Who must have a sixth sense (or maybe just a talkative wife?). In any case, I did in fact drop my laptop at work. D'oh! The LCD screen is now shot. The best part? My conversation with work's 'Help Desk':

Me: "I'm calling because my laptop had a meeting with the floor this morning and now the LCD screen is shot. It should still be under warranty, but I'm not sure how I'm supposed to take care of getting it replaced."

Help Desk Dude: "Oh, ok. So you dropped it?"
[let me note here that if you're not picturing a teenaged-surfer-dude-voice, you absolutely should]

"Yeah."

"Was there any physical damage?"

"Yeah, the screen snapped out of place a bit but I was able to snap it back in."

"Oh, ok. So you snapped it back in? ... So, what's the problem?"

[OMG]

"The LCD screen doesn't work. It's broken. It's shot."

"Can you see anything?"

"Just lines and static."

"Whhhhooooooaaaa. Huh, huh. Uuuuuhhhhh, yeah, that's really messed up!"

Uh, YEAH! Why do you think I'm calling you?!? So glad I waited 15 minutes on hold for that jewel of wisdom. His bright-*ss solution?:

"Yeeeeah, so I don't know... I'm going to have to find out and call you back, k?'

Good grief. I have to think that this COULDN'T have been the first time something like this has ever happened. Shame on me for expecting someone to actually be the least bit helpful. I only called the HELP DESK ya know.

2 Comments:

At January 22, 2006 3:57 PM, Blogger Tim McGee said...

Whoa Man...that like totally sucks dude... you gotta get a Dell.

 
At January 24, 2006 8:48 PM, Blogger YouWho said...

No matter where you work, one thing is universal: The HelpDesk people are only as good as your company is willng to pay.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home