truly outrageous

Truly Outrageous...

...life as a Rock Star Mama (minus the rock, minus the star)

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

He shoots, he scoooores!

A couple of weeks ago, Handsome Hubby and I went on a fabulous date. First we went into the city for dinner to this really cute urban-chic restaurant. You know, the kind of place that has cream of rutabaga soup on the menu (which was a first for me, but I took the risk and it was really good). Then, we went to see a hockey game! You may not have guessed, but I was too psyched! Honestly! I grew up going to professional hockey games, and have missed it ever since. The sweet thing is that we ended up with great seats.

For Christmas, HH got two gift certificates for seats to a game. You just show up before the game, wait in line at a window, and then get your tickets. Well, that was the plan anyway... We showed up 30 minutes early, but by the time we waited in line and got up to the window (twice actually, because who knew there was a *particular* line for us!) the upper deck was sold out, which was the value of our certificates. So we could either bag it and try again at a future game, or pay to upgrade. Of course, we decided to upgrade. I mean, we were there already and basically planned our whole evening around this game! But I'm so glad we did. We ended up about 15 rows up from the ice, right at the curve of the ice (not mid-ice, but not at the very end either). SWEET! And after thinking about it, I'm so glad it worked out the way it did because if we ever decide to go to a game, I know we'd never shell out the money for those seats. It turned out to be a really exciting game to watch, and we won! We both had such a blast. It was awesome! I really can't remember the last time I had such a fun night. I even got HH to sing along with me...

"Oh, the good, old hockey game is the best game you can name.
And the best game you can name is the good, old hockey game..."
-Stompin Tom Connors

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home