truly outrageous

Truly Outrageous...

...life as a Rock Star Mama (minus the rock, minus the star)

Thursday, December 08, 2005

A Travelin' Fool

The last few weeks have been a bit hectic as I've taken a couple of trips.

First, I spent a few days in L.A. The weather was gorgeous, despite the foggy haze of pollution poisoning my lungs... In any case, I was actually out there for a conference, although I managed to squeeze in a little sight-seeing too. We saw Rodeo Drive (the Wilshire has a very nice potty - yes, the same one from Pretty Woman), the Chinese Theatre (with all the hand and foot prints in cement), walked around Hollywood for a bit, and saw Venice Beach (including it's canals). But by far, the best part of the weekend was getting to see my HomeBoyz! I was only able to see them for one night, but we were able to hit the Abbey and Micky's. A good time was had! Really, it didn't matter where we went, because I would have had a blast no matter what we did. You know those friends that you can go years without seeing, but when you finally do see them, it feels like nothing's changed... yeah, that's it and I love it.

Then it was off to Florida to visit the 'rents! We had a great time. Again, the weather was gorgeous. Not only did we get some bonding time in with the 'rents, but also with my sister, her husband, and even my grand'rents too. Along with relaxing by the pool and eating great food nonstop, we did manage to play a little golf. Only 6 or 7 holes (it got too dark before we could finish) but it was my first venture on a real big-people course. Slightly intimidating, but I had fun!

Since my traveling adventures, the holiday madness has begun to set in. Of course my full time job is keeping me busy as always, but my fun part-time gig has been keeping me very busy too! 'Tis the season!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home