truly outrageous

Truly Outrageous...

...life as a Rock Star Mama (minus the rock, minus the star)

Friday, September 28, 2007

Baked Apples


(not my apples pictured)

A couple of weeks ago I tried my best to make baked apples. It was a side dish to crab cakes that HH made for some friends we were entertaining. I got the recipe from allrecipes, which I love because they have tons of reviews from people who have tried the recipes before. A couple of suggestions I used included halving the apples, putting water in the bottom of the baking dish, and increasing the cooking time. The recipe says 15 mins will do but that was no where close. I cooked them for 45 mins and they still could have gone longer. Also, I used red apples (pink lady) instead of green. The flavor turned out great and I'll definitely make them again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home