truly outrageous

Truly Outrageous...

...life as a Rock Star Mama (minus the rock, minus the star)

Monday, March 13, 2006

One thing that's constant in life...

... is change. And last week I got some news that my job situation will once again be changing. Due to the building costs of the ongoing war, Bush (and his administration) has to make up for it. What does that have to do with me? 50% of my job is funded by a HRSA grant, and we just got news that it's been cut. Awesome.

Apparently, even though we are meeting our goals and our class has been very successful (DIRECTLY providing services to the underserved community), we're too little to get special attention. Just tell that to the underserved men and women who thank us for providing wellness fairs in their community. Men and women who don't have health insurance and can't afford to go to the doctor; who thank us for being there, to take the time to talk to them and educate them about heart disease, diabetes, nutrition, exercise, and disease prevention; to listen to their stories and provide them with resources and support that are easily available to the middle and upper class, but not to them.

All I have to say is, "Thanks Bushie, you're doing a helluva job."

4 Comments:

At March 15, 2006 9:34 AM, Blogger Rock Star Mama said...

Yeah, I have the same question. I don't know any more than that. My guess though, is that our grant is only one of many, and so if the majority of the grants were not meeting their expectations, I guess maybe we were guilty by association???

 
At March 16, 2006 12:15 AM, Blogger Tim McGee said...

Well Rambler- Just remember, there is always another administration to lobby . Also, I kinda like switching jobs every year or two, keeps things fresh!

 
At March 16, 2006 1:07 PM, Blogger Rock Star Mama said...

Yeah Tim, I know... I'm trying to keep a positive spin on it. Thanks. :)

 
At March 16, 2006 4:00 PM, Blogger YouWho said...

That sucks. There's just no job stability anywhere anymore it seems. Oh -- except for Bush's cabinet. It's near impossible to get let go from there no matter what you do.

I don't think you can blame Iraq though. From what I've heard all that spending is outside of the budget and on deficit. So your kids will be paying for that. No, what you want to blame is probably those terrific tax cuts Bush gave us.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home