truly outrageous

Truly Outrageous...

...life as a Rock Star Mama (minus the rock, minus the star)

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Spook-tacular Birthday!

Wow, what a weekend!

My birthday was on Saturday (Oct. 29th) and it was AMAZING! HH and I had been planning a Halloween Birthday party, starting about a year ago. I LOVE Halloween, and I've been waiting for my birthday to fall on a Saturday. So last year, when I realized this was it, we started spreading the word. I've NEVER had a Halloween-themed birthday party. I guess growing up, I just always thought that my birthdays were special enough and didn't need Halloween to make my parties a good time (oh, I was SUCH the diva!). In any case, I've been amped up for this one for a long time!

What I didn't know was the huge surprise that was in store for me. I got home from work on Friday to find that my sister and two aunts made the 10 hour car trip to surprise me for the weekend! How much do they ROCK?!?! It was awesome to spend the weekend with them, and to have them there for the party (not to mention all their help getting ready for the party and cleaning up afterwards). In addition, I had another friend (one of my homegirls) make a 4 hour bus trip to come in for the party. Damn, do I feel loved!!!

As far as the party... it was a blast! We tried to go all out with the decorations. For example, the entire house was lit by candle light, no electricity needed! We worried about the combination of open flames and drunkards, but I guess the party-gods were watching over us b/c there were no mishaps. Phew. The other good news is that EVERYONE came dressed in a costume. We were prepared to torture those who didn't, but there was no need. Everyone got in the spirit. Overall, the weekend ended up being way more than I ever imagined. It was simply spook-tacular!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home