truly outrageous

Truly Outrageous...

...life as a Rock Star Mama (minus the rock, minus the star)

Thursday, July 02, 2009

Lots o' Quilts #2

This quilt was made for one of my Homegirls. Her husband is a huge baseball fan and since they knew they were having a boy, I went with it. It's the Winning Hand pattern and was my very FIRST attempt at actual machine quilting (stitching in the ditch). I used polyester fill batting, which I like because it's fluffier than cotton, but it made the quilting more challenging. This also means it was my first attempt at binding, which I also did with the machine (as opposed to doing it by hand). I definitely learned a lot with this quilt and hope that it didn't turn out too bad for my first attempt at these techniques!

Also, for the first time I decided to make custom burp-cloths. I can't take credit for the idea, I ripped it from a gift I received after Mr. P was born. It's pretty simple, but makes a plain white cloth diaper so much more attractive!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home