truly outrageous

Truly Outrageous...

...life as a Rock Star Mama (minus the rock, minus the star)

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Culinary Skills

For the past few months, I've been making dinner a lot more often in our house. Which is really saying something from the woman who used to hardly ever cook. Most nights I don't totally hate it, and some nights I even enjoy it! I'm definitely the type of person who needs to plan it out though. I don't like coming home and needing to make dinner in 45 minutes with no idea of what's in the fridge or pantry, with no plan. I do not roll that way.

I've also gotten into putting vegetable purees in our food. Last year (or was it the year before), I got Deceptively Delicious for Christmas and after a year (or two?) now, I'm still doing it. Some favorite simple sneaks are cauliflower puree in mashed potatoes or scrambled eggs, sweet potato or squash puree in mac and cheese and carrot or any orange veggie puree in spaghetti sauce. I've also gotten in the habit of putting flax seed meal in our foods too (especially spaghetti sauce). A bunch of the recipes from DD are really good, especially the muffin recipes. And we all like the coconut chicken fingers too. Yum!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home