truly outrageous

Truly Outrageous...

...life as a Rock Star Mama (minus the rock, minus the star)

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Splash, Splash

First, I can't believe my Mr. P is two years old! Time really does fly... But don't get me wrong, he IS acting like a 2 year old, that's for sure. Full of independence and attitude. I wonder where he gets that from?

In gearing up for the summer, I signed Mr. P and I up for swimming classes. We've completed 4 of 6 'Mommy and Me' classes. Overall I think it's going pretty well. Although, with each class he is less and less enthused with the dunking. He can't stand the feeling of water in his ears, which I guess is a pretty common thing. I'm trying to strike the right balance between pushing him a little bit so he learns it's ok, but not so much that he feels powerless and hates it. It's tough... In any case, he's doing great with learning to kick. He likes draping his arms over a styrofoam noodle and kick, kick, kicking to get his favorite toy in the pool. Of course, I'm always there to help support him, but he's really doing great!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home