truly outrageous

Truly Outrageous...

...life as a Rock Star Mama (minus the rock, minus the star)

Sunday, July 05, 2009

Lots o' Quilts #5

This is the last in my quilting series... for now anyway, as I've got three more in the 'pipeline.'

I made this doggie-themed baby quilt for my very good friend from work. They knew they were having a boy, which is why I opted for the more masculine colors. Obviously, they are a puppy-friendly family. This was my first attempt at the Flying Geese pattern. This time I used cotton batting, which is far less fluffy than polyester and makes quilting much easier. I think it gives it a more "antique" feel. I stitched-in-the-ditch around the lattice (which is the same fabric as the background so it may be hard to see), the border, and around each of the 'geese.' It was by far the most machine quilting I have ever done. Also, this was my third attempt at machine binding, and I was pleased with the result. It's such a learning process! Again, burp cloths to match.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home