truly outrageous

Truly Outrageous...

...life as a Rock Star Mama (minus the rock, minus the star)

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Trucktown

If Mr. P could live anywhere, I'm sure he'd live in Trucktown. He loves trucks. Not so much the pick-up trucks, think bigger. Dump trucks, big rigs, that kind of thing. From a child development stand point, I was really curious to watch his interests develop. To see if he would automatically have an affinity for "boy things" or if he'd like everything just the same, or what. But he has taken off with the truck thing. Not only does he clearly love his books on trucks, but he now plays with his toy trucks, "driving" them around with sound effects and all.

The cutest is when we're driving. We'll pass a big truck (most of the time, I'm not even aware) and here's the conversation that follows:

Mr. P: More! (said simultaneously as he makes the sign for more)
Me: More? Oh! More trucks? Well, we'll see... I don't see any others around right now...
Mr. P: More!
Me: Well, we have to pass one on the road. We'll see...
Mr. P: More!
...
Mr. P: More! More!
Me: Ok, ok... I think I see one up ahead...

2 Comments:

At January 19, 2009 5:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I experienced the same conversation only with planes instead. :)

 
At January 19, 2009 7:59 PM, Blogger Rock Star Mama said...

Ah yes, I don't doubt that one bit!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home